Time & Location
About the Event
This one-day hands-on course will show you how to make the most of delicious seasonal British game meat. Using locally sourced game from neighbouring estates, you’ll learn the practical butchery techniques needed to prepare sustainable meats that can be used to create a wide variety of dishes.
- How to identify the age of game
- How to determine the best preparation methods
- How to skin and pluck game
- The importance of hanging
- Basic game butchery techniques, including trussing and barding of game birds and preparation of saddle of hare and rabbit
Depending on seasonal availability, you’ll work with the following game:
- Wood pigeon
- Wild goose
Each student will take home oven ready game birds to cook and enjoy.
The Native Butcher is located on Lime Kiln Farm, Gloucestershire, not far from the M50 and M5.
The Native Butcher makes a conscious effort to reduce waste and packaging. Students are encouraged to bring their own containers and cool bag to transport their meat home.
Refreshments will be available throughout each day, as well as lunches prepared by our chef. All ingredients, equipment and recipes will be provided.
- Game£195+£4.88 Service fee£195+£4.88 Service fee0£0