Time & Location
About the Event
Our butcher will lead you through an in-depth exploration of all things beef on this specialist two-day course.
Designed for anyone wanting to learn introductory knife skills and butchery techniques or to enhance their existing knowledge, this course includes hands-on butchery, demonstrations, discussions and plenty of knife practice. It is ideal for smallholders, chefs, keen cooks and anyone with a passion for well-reared British meat.
Working with the very best of native British beef, you will butcher a carcass into primary and secondary cuts. You will hear about the many culinary uses for each part, learning the importance of hanging and dry-ageing and its impact on quality and flavour.
On this course students will produce a range of cuts including:
- French-trimmed fore rib
- Forequarter steaks, including rib eye, Denver, flat iron, chuck and chuck tender
- Hindquarter steaks, including T-bone, sirloin, picanha, bavette and chateaubriand
- Short ribs
- Rolled brisket
- Roasting joints, including topside, silverside and thick flank
- Proper burgers with no added extras
- Ox cheeks
- Bones for stocks and soups
The Native Butcher is located on Lime Kiln Farm, Gloucestershire, not far from the M50 and M5.
The Native Butcher makes a conscious effort to reduce waste and packaging. Students are encouraged to bring their own containers and cool bag to transport their meat home.
Refreshments will be available throughout each day, as well as lunches prepared by our chef. All ingredients, equipment and recipes will be provided.
- Beef£395+£9.88 Service fee£395+£9.88 Service fee0£0